Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Lets Talk Polish #1

Lets Talk: Indie Polish

Hello Ladies,

     I came across this article in Nail-It Mag online about Indie polishes. ( Indie Polish Spotlight: ) What are your thoughts?  Have you ever tried any independent brands of polish or made your own?  If you haven't why not and if you have what brands are your favorite?  I tended to stick to the trusted few when it comes to nail brands but lately I have decided to venture out of my bottle. 
    When it comes to nail polish and design their is so much out there from mix ins and glitters to paints that we're truly only limited by our imagination.  For those of you out there who don't want to invest in the multitude of said glitters and mix-ins yet still want a custom look, Indie polishes could be just what your looking for.
     I've had the pleasure of testing out a brand from Florida called Royal Laquer you can find them on Etsy.  I'll have the swatches below.  The polishes are quick drying, unique and beautiful exactly what I look for in a polish. :)
Red Velvet, This red leans towards the orange and is not a cream or a jelly its a "cremlly", yes I just made that up.  The hexagonal glitters through out create a cool layered effect.  Pictures show two coats.


Laser Blue, Pictures are just not doing this color any justice, its gorgeous.  This is a deep sea blue with tiny colored glitters that remind me of the night sky.  The flex of purple glitters really make it stand out.
     Those are just two of my favs, until next time!

2 comments:

  1. cremlly! Hahaha. I love Royal Lacquer. Isn't laser blue fabulous?!

    ReplyDelete