Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What's The 411?

What’s The 411? 
My latest buzz kit: Coppertone Clearly Sheer Sunscreen

 Ah the dog days of summer are almost upon us,  don't know about you ladies but when I was young I loved summer it was my favorite season.  Staying outside all day and soaking up the vitamin D was and still is one of my favorite past times. That is until I hit my thirties and gray hairs and crows feet started making an appearance.  Dark spots and discoloration soon followed and I realized I needed to make a change.  Since I’m an avid gardener I knew I couldn't leave the sun hence my relationship with sunscreen was born. 
 I say relationship because it always starts out good, I go to the store pick up a family friendly bottle and use it on my kids consistently however on myself not so much.  It leaves that white residue that makes me look ashy, and ain't nobody got time for that. So when I got the opportunity from buzz agent to try out a new sunscreen I jumped at the chance ,cause lets face it that stuff ain't cheap. 
 My buzz kit arrived last week and inside were 3 small travel size lotions, 2 travel size sprays and a full size bottle of lotion. I thought how perfect because, how many of us always remember the sunscreen once we are in the car?  I know I do, all the time so first I put one of the small lotions in the car, one of the sprays went in my purse and one stayed home with the big lotion.  The other two I will give away.

    After spending a couple of hours in my garden on Friday I did notice a slight tan, however by Saturday morning it was a little less noticeable.  I used the lotion on all exposed skin and on my face I used the spray.  I would like to note that I was in my garden for over 80 mins and reapplied the spray all over once my skin felt hot (who is really going to put a timer on sunscreen).   


Pros:  I love the different  sizes and the convenience of having the spray and the lotion.
I also love not turning into a crispy critter after one morning of gardening, trust me it has happened.

Cons: I tanned, however not by much. I would like to add that no sunscreen is a set it and forget it type of thing. You have to reapply as needed per the instructions on the bottle, that is why I really liked the spray it made it easy to protect my skin from harmful rays.
The next test will be on my two younger kids while in the pool. 2 kids 2 dogs and 1 small kiddie pool on the back patio sounds like blog tittle to me.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment